How to feed Orchid Plants
How to Feed Orchid Plants
Every plant enthusiast has probably heard of Orchids, and everyone's eyes are drawn to these stunning plants. Orchids are one of the most gifted plants and making sure that Orchid thrives in their homes is almost everyone's priority. If you don’t already own an Orchid plant, buying an Orchid for your home will be one of the best plant investments you will make.
Caring and looking after Orchids is straightforward, but feeding them may occasionally be challenging. The amount of Orchid fertilizer that should be added and identifying the best Orchid food for your plant can take time, especially if you're a newbie.
At Grow Buddha, we ensure your plant receives the ideal Orchid food that satisfies all requirements. Let's look at some of the other details regarding food for Orchid plants.
When to feed Orchids:
Knowing when to fertilize your Orchid plant is crucial. Most plants need fertilizing every week, but this can differ if the fertilizer mixture is more diluted than usual.
Most flowering plants require fertilizers during their active flowering period, but this is different for Orchids. Your plant needs Orchid food when the period of vegetative growth occurs, which is right before the budding of its flowers. You can stop giving Orchid food when the plant starts flowering. The feeding process can be continued again when the next active cycle starts.
Experienced gardeners use the method of three weeks on and one week off for feeding their plants. This helps in flushing off the salts produced in the potting mix.
How to feed Orchids:
These are the steps that you'll need to follow to give your plant its Orchid food the right way:
1. Always use quality Orchid Food Fertilizer and water:
Quality always matters over quantity. It's a phrase we've heard almost every other day, and that's because it's true. Selecting high-quality Orchid food is essential, and so is the water you give to your plant.
When preparing fertilizer for Orchids, excessively hard, high-dissolved-mineral tap water is not the best option. The ideal option is distilled water devoid of minerals, fluoride, and chlorine. However, regular rainwater, which may be collected in a rain barrel, is an excellent second choice.
Many gardeners believe that it is sufficient to let tap water out for 24 hours before using it to water their plants, allowing the chlorine and certain ions to evaporate from the water.
Ensure that the Orchid food you're getting is balanced, containing three significant elements: Nitrogen, Phosphorus, and Potassium. Having minor nutrients like calcium, magnesium, copper, zinc, and chlorine is also necessary. Always use low-urea fertilizer for Orchids.
2. Do not overfeed your plant:
We know you want your plants to grow fast but giving it Orchid food more than it requires is not healthy. Synthetic fertilizers contain mineral salts, such as potassium, calcium, and others. If these salts start to accumulate in your pot, it can get worse for your plant.
Even if you manage to grow your plant quickly by giving it extra fertilizer, Orchids are unable to survive because they are vulnerable to illness.
3. Only fertilize Orchid plant during the growing season:
Several Orchid types have the habit of going into dormancy during winter. It is not the right time to feed your plant, as growth slows down during this period. Lookout for signs of fresh growth in spring; you can give the Orchid food during that time.
Some experts advise that active feeding should occur while the plant is still in its vegetative, non-flowering stage and that regular feeding should cease once the plant starts to flower actively.
Grow Buddha's Orchid food:
We here at Grow Buddha have developed a professional grade Orchid food fertilizer that will deliver your plants the vital nutrients it needs to thrive. Grow Buddha Orchid has been developed in partnership with professional Orchid growers and scientists.
- Grow Buddha Orchid food contains seaweed which is known to act as a stimulant for growing plants and is ideal for growing Orchid plants. It also helps the plant in flowering and growth.
- Professionals make it. Our experts focus on quality and our Orchid food is made by professional Orchid experts.
- The Orchid food has all the macro and micronutrients required for the long-lasting life of your plant. As mentioned above, having the micronutrients and the macro ones is also necessary for the proper action of a fertilizer.
- Our 100ml Orchid food is long-lasting, and you don't need to worry about getting a new one for a long time. It'll last an entire season or more.
- It stimulates your Orchid plant develop a proper root system and glossy leaves that make it look mesmerizing.
Why should you get the Grow Buddha's Orchid food:
Unlike our competitors, we believe in giving every detail to our customers, and that is why we give a special Orchid growing guide along with our Orchid food to help follow the right guidelines.
Where to buy:
Click on the link below to get your hands on our Orchid food fertilizer with all the other details mentioned about the product.
To buy the best Orchid food and other gardening products, visit the following link:
Benefits of having seaweed based fertilizer:
As mentioned above, the Grow Buddha's Orchid food contains seaweed. What is so special about having seaweed in a fertilizer? Well, here are the advantages:
- It accelerates root growth in Orchids. You will notice faster root development within a few weeks of using seaweed fertilizer. More root buds, new roots branching off of older roots, or expanding current roots more quickly are examples of this.
- It provides powerful nutrients. Fertilizers made from seaweed provide a variety of vitamins and nutrients that can aid in plant growth. For instance, seaweed has omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins A, B6, and C. Seaweed is described as a "superfood" because of this. To put it simply, one of the significant advantages of seaweed fertilizer is that it is a rich source of nutrients for your Orchids.
- It keeps the roots and leaves healthy. Supporting the health of the leaves and roots is another of the main advantages of seaweed fertilizer. This is because seaweed contains all of the above-mentioned rich nutrients. You'll also notice that your plant will have greener leaves and thick roots because of the seaweed in the Orchid food.
- It contains rooting hormones. Auxin, a rooting hormone, is present in a wide variety of seaweed and kelp. Auxin is hormone plants produce that aids in promoting the development of root buds and root growth. The benefit of having high levels of auxin concentration is that it helps produce new roots. It also makes the roots release cytokinin, which is a growth hormone.
- It is inexpensive. A bonus of seaweed fertilizer is that it is relatively inexpensive compared to other Orchid fertilizers.
These benefits make our Orchid food the best Orchid fertilizer available.
To conclude, Orchid plants require a high-quality fertilizer for proper growth and flowering. Knowing when and how to feed your Orchid plant is necessary; all the information is available in the Orchid plant guide which accompanies our Orchid food.
Selecting the right Orchid food is one of the essential steps and Grow Buddha's Orchid food is the ideal one for you, having all the benefits due to the seaweed in it.